Check your tyres once a month to maintain performance and ensure safetyDo you know about optimal air pressure?
- Optimal air pressure varies according to each car.
- Please check the sticker attached near the door on the driver's seat side for details regarding air pressure
When tyre air pressure decreases.
- Fuel consumption gets worse!
Rolling resistance increase and leads to a decrease in fuel economy due to energy loss.
- Tyre are more likely to wear unevenly!
Too low pressure usually causes uneven tyre wear on the outer edge of the tyre tread whereas too high air pressure is more likely to causes uneven wear on the center of the tread
- Driving performance declines!
Tyre deformation is more likely to occur, compromising stability. Additionally, even if it's a high-performance tyre, driving performance cannot be maintained, thereby affecting safety.
Have you checked your tread depth?
When the tread is worn down.
*Circled areas are marked in color for explanatory purposes.
An indication of tread wear is when the tread depth drops to approximately 1.6 mm.
- The brakes are likely to become less effective on wet roads!
When the tread depth drops below roughly 50% of new tyres, the brake performance of tyres on wet road will gradually decline and the braking distance increase significantly.
- Driving at high speeds in the rain is particularly dangerous!
When the tread depth decreases, drainage capability declines and it is more likely to causes slippage in rainy weather. Hydroplaning tends to occur and diminish steering and brake effectiveness especially when driving at high speeds.
Using a tyre with indications of tread wear is prohibited as stipulated by laws and regulations.
*Tyre with a tread depth of 1.6 mm or less are not allowed to br used as stipulated by laws and regulations
Do you have uneven tyre wear?
Uneven tyre wear reduces the useful life of tyres.
Normally, front tyres wear out quickly when tyres are not rotated.
Benefits of tyre rotation.
|Tyre rotation is recommended on a basis (roughly every 5,000 km).|
*Front tyres of FWD vehicles wear out more quickly than rear tyres since front tyres serve both as driving and steering wheels.
- Prevention of uneven tyre wear
- Extension of useful life of tyres
- Consistent level of tyre wear
General method of rotation
- Early adjustment is recommended when tyre wear is caused by misalignment.
- Early tyre replacement is recommended when tyres are reaching advanced stages of wear.
Do you have damage or checking?
By: Yokohama Tire Manufacturing (Thailand) Co., Ltd.